Helpful Links and Forms
Psychology Major Checklist (prior to FA21) & "New" Psychology Major Checklist (FA21 and later)
Use this form to help plan and review your major coursework on your own, or in consultation with your advisor or the Chair. The Department Administrator asks all seniors to submit this information via a Google form during their final semester at Barnard.
Psychology Independent Study Form
Complete this Google form in consultation with the faculty mentor who has agreed to supervise your project; this is especially important if you will work with faculty or a lab outside of Barnard (you do not need to submit this form to the Registrar).
PSYC BC3473 Clinical Field Practicum Application
If you are interested in enrolling the annual spring course, PSYC BC3473 Clinical Field Practicum, you must submit this form to Profs. Marjorie Silverman and Julia Sheehy in the prior fall semester. This course requires that you obtain an off-campus externship in a clinical setting.
All of the following forms can also be found on Slate for Students.
- Major Declaration Form
- Special Major/Special Combined Major and Changes to Special Majors:
Student should contact the Class Dean for access to the CPAS Petition form.
- Minor Election Form (To be filled out once your minor requirements have been completed)
- Changes to Major/Adviser Form
- Degree Audit Change Request (The Registrar will not make edits for Seniors; just confirm your courses with your advisor.)
- Form to Appeal a Course for GER (To request a GER designation for a course that does not already have that designation.)
- Transfer Credit Form
- Summer Course Approval Form (Use this form to request approval for a non-Barnard summer course.)
Overlapping Columbia Course List (a selection of common Columbia course equivalents)
Courses Satisfying General Education Requirements for Foundations Curriculum
Barnard College Neuroscience and Behavior Department
Psyched: The Barnard Psychology Society
Barnard Psychology Research Participation System (for enrolled students participating in experiments)
The Barnard Center for Toddler Development (The Toddler Center)
Columbia University Department of Psychology
Membership Application to the Columbia University Chapter of Psi Chi, , the International Honor Society in Psychology (contact Katherine Fox-Glassman, email@example.com, with questions)
Summer Research Institute (SRI)
General information about SRI can be found on Barnard's website.
For SRI opportunities through the Psychology Department, please contact Prof. Michael Wheaton.